Monday, November 22, 2010
I know that Penelope came out in 2006,but I still think the movie is just adorable.
In case you haven't seen the movie here it is described by this place.....
"Penelope is a magical modern - day fairy tale about love and self - acceptance. It is the story of a young woman, Penelope Wilhern (Christina Ricci), born to wealthy socialites (Richard E. Grant and Catherine O’Hara). Penelope is afflicted by a secret family curse that has turned her face into that of a pig. But there is hope. According to family lore, the curse can be broken when she is loved by one of her own kind. Hidden away in the family’s majestic home, she is subjected to meeting a string of blue - bloods through her parent’s futile attempt to marry her off and break the curse. Each suitor is instantly enamoured with Penelope (and her sizable dowry). . .until her face is revealed. When a willing mate cannot be found, mischievous tabloid reporter Lemon (Peter Dinklage) hires Max (James McAvoy) to pose as a prospective suitor in hopes of snapping a photo of the mysterious Penelope. Max, who is really a down - on - his - luck gambler, finds himself drawn to Penelope . Not wanting to expose or disappoint her, Max disappears and leaves Lemon in the lurch. Fed up by this latest betrayal and determined to live life on her own terms, Penelope breaks free from her family and goes into the world in search of adventure. When Penelope is caught with her scarf down, her curse becomes a tabloid spectacle and she finally questions what it means to be different - and what it means to be loved."
I love the sweet love story,but I also adore the scenery and especially the clothing! Too cute!!
I read somewhere that the costume designers made most of Penelope's clothes. They were inspired by Anthropologie and wanted it to seem like Penelope had made the clothes herself.
I am totally in love with her darling coat! I am not wild about sewing,but I will have to try to make one like it!
I love the trim! The sleeves are fabulous too! So unique.
My favorite thing about the coat is all the amazing mismatched buttons!
Her super long scarf is really cute too! When I wear scarves I tend to go for long ones.
I think they are cozy and seem like when they are bigger they are more of a style statement.
Mind you I can't even fathom wearing a scarf at the moment it is sooo hot here!! lol.
Her shoes are awesome too!
Here are some more pics of her adorable clothes...
LOVE all the stripes!
She wears a lot of cute pins.
(Side note...I love the paper bag bats in the pic below! Might have to make them with my kiddos at Halloween! :-)
Her wedding dress is so gorgeous! It reminds me a lot of my wedding dress.
(How amazing is that wall behind her??!!)
Her room is so cool!
How adorable is James McAvoy?? :-)
What movie are you inspired by? :-)
- Soooo sorry I have totally ignored this blog!! I h...
- I love this pretty pink floral top from Bebe. I...
- 1. How adorable are these shoes?! I adore polka do...
- I (like a lot of other people) just loved Domino m...
- Nursery inspiration
- 1. I need a cute ironing board cover. This pretty ...
- Jennifer Grey's old home :-)
- Jennifer Grey's lovely home
- (Reposted. This was the barn boys show from 2009) ...
- Barn Boys
- Ice cream heaven
- Laundry room inspiration
- I just adore chalk board paint! It is not very exp...
- 1. I just adore silhouettes! The Gold screen print...
- Nadine Zlotogoro
- Halligan Norris and Adam Smith wedding
- Bed of Flowers bed and breakfast
- I found this darling birthday here. Isn't it sweet...
- 10 things I love -Beach
- Recipe-Chocolate and cream cup
- 10 things I love
- Chloe Sevigny's New York apartment
- Quote of the week
- Blog love- Some girls wander
- This milkshake will bring all the boys to the yard...
- Quote of the week
- Heaven on Earth
- Happy Fourth of July!
- Californian Cool -Wildfox Couture
- ▼ November (30)